Thursday, October 23, 2008
Ann Pressly
My heart was saddened to hear on the national news about the local news anchor, Ann Pressly, who was almost beaten to death in her home this week. I did not know Ann personally, but I have met her and wanted to share about this brief interaction. Mid September this year, I went to several places looking for Alex an outfit to take her one year pics in including the clothing boutique, Tulips. Tulips has children's clothing as well as fashionable ladies' clothes. While trying outfits on Alex, Ann came in to try on clothes. I did not even know who she was until a worker said some things to make me question the sales clerk in private. I learned she was a news anchor. Well, social and adventurous Alex kept going in Ann's dressing room while she changed (no doors on rooms, just curtains). Ann never got mad, but talked to her and didn't mind her doing that. I apologized constantly as she would get in there quicker than I could blink sometimes. Ann (and the workers) were so patient with Alex and stopped often to play with her and comment on outfits I tried on her. This brief interaction showed me a lot about her character as she was very busy and took time to be kind and patient to us. Please pray with me for her during this time of recovery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment