I just can't keep up with posting as so much happens in a day/week. I finally got ultrasound pics of Baby Rock 2 last Thursday (excuse the quality of this one). He/She measured at 11 weeks 4 days last Thursday and the due date read at June 8. He/She was wiggling so much and we could see legs, arms, hands and feet....so cute. We find out the sex at my next appt on January 8. :)
Difference in pregnancies so far:
1. I have been more tired this pregnancy. I contribute it to chasing, picking up, and being attentive to a toddler all day along while keeping my same activity/exercise level, cleaning, cooking, errands plus breastfeeding. My energy is coming back slowly, but I have been sleeping a ton to keep up with the demands (going to bed b/w 8-9 and napping most days).
2. I have craved more foods this time. (Last time I only craved pickles for a couple of weeks in the beginning and I was not interested in sweets.) This time, I have craved olives, cheese, breads, sweets, etc... The cravings may slow down now that weaning is in progress.
Update on weaning:
Day 5 - a few more tears and tugging on shirt, but it stopped soon after some cuddling and brecky was served. Had to tell her "mommy doesn't have any more milk for you there."
Day 6 - she was playing in bed when I went to get her. I played with her some and then she saw her sippy cup on dresser and asked for it, not me at all!
Day 7 - same as Day 5
Day 8 (today)- Chris got her out of bed and he had a sippy cup with him. She did fine and happily came in the kitchen with him for Saturday pancakes. :)
As far as my milk production, it has stopped and the milk finally started to recede. Day 3 and 4 were the most painful as they were engorged, but every day since has gotten better. My doc recommended a tight sports bra and ice packs. I've been wearing a tight sports bra almost 24/7. I tried some people's recommendations about using cabbage leaves for a little bit one day and one night. I don't know if it really does anything except a cold pack feeling initially. Chris said it was an old wives tale and didn't do anything. ??? I don't know how long before I have no milk at all, but I am feeling much better!
Another new baby is Reese Abigail Ramsey who was born yesterday, Nov. 21, at 7:33 pm measuring at 7 lbs 2 oz and 18.5 inches long. Reese is so precious, hardly makes a peep, and has a head full of black hair. Alex was enthralled by the baby, but was just as much or more interested in playing with Reagan, Reese's big sister. Layla and Jason right before she started pushing... she looked way too good at 10cm. I was in no condition to pose for a pic at that point with Alex. Granted, I had no meds.
Visiting Baby Reese today as we just missed her last night.
Reagan being motherly and wanting to feed Alex her drink. She does this just about every time they are together.
Alex hugging Reagan as they rock.
When we went to visit Layla yesterday at the hospital, it was almost time to push. So, Reagan and her Aunt DD went to the cafeteria to eat with us. The girls had so much fun playing together! a bit too much fun in the hall when we went back as they were asked to clear the hall. yikes...
Saturday, November 22, 2008
New Babies and Playing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sweet pics of Alex and Reagan. So glad to hear things are going better with weaning!
awesome about weaning. liking your bangs, you resemble robin with them. alex looks so big next to the little baby!
excited about baby rock II! so glad things are going well with your pregnancy. and weaning, too, apparantly. thanks for the pics of little reese. can you believe alex is gonna be a big sis, too?
ha! the bangs are not intentional. they are actually new baby hair growing. i have new hair growing all through my hair according to my hair dresser. she says it is probably due to hormones with pregnancy.
Congrats on the new baby! Seems like it is in yalls SS classes water?? :-) Great to catch up on your blog...I have had no time to read my beloved blogs lately. :-( Hang in there with Alex....I think the hardest age was 15-18 months old. Be consistent...no matter how hard and wearing it is on you. You will be so glad you did when she is 3 years old. Put in the time now and teach her that "no" means "NO" everytime- the first time everytime. Ugh..parenting is so hard. I'll be praying for you.
Glad things are going well with weaning. Doesn't sound like fun with the engorgement issues. I'm glad to know you're feeling good and that Baby Rock 2 is healthy and growing! k
Post a Comment