Thursday, January 22, 2009

Another Bug Week

What a week again! Alex's stomach bug struck me on Tuesday! By 5:45pm, I was in tears calling Chris for help. He could not come home and actually did not get to come home from work until 1am this night and he wasn't even on call. One of our friends without kids came to mind to possibly come help me, but Chris called her to find out she was at home sick, too. So, I prayed so hard for God to help me take care of Alex the next 1.5 hrs before putting her to bed. It was a long 1.5 hrs, but God was so faithful. The last stage of bed prep was our reading time in which I needed to go hug the toilet so bad. I prayed that I could finish reading to Alex and put her down first. Finally, I cut our reading time short and put her down calmly so she wouldn't know anything. I shut her door and ran to hug the toilet! God answered my prayer. Thankfully, I was spared a trip to Labor and Delivery (b/c 20 wks along) for IV fluids as I eventually could hold down liquids. I was greeted the next morning with the other version of an upset tummy. Thankfully, it didn't last long. My weakness Wednesday left me on the couch except to care for Alex until mid afternoon when I felt a little energy to take Alex outside as she is now well, rejuvenated and ready to conquer the world. When Chris arrived home Wednesday night about 6:45pm, he was nauseated, having chills and an upset tummy...looking like me the night before. I think the bug had jumped on his ship now, but not disappearing as quick. He was asleep within an hour of arriving home and unfortunately had to go to work today still feeling awful. :( This is the first time we have cycled a bug through all three of us. No fun. Please pray for us all to be fully well and rested soon as recovery time is needed even when the bug fades. Especially pray for Chris as he is on a very busy rotation at UAMS going in very early and getting off very late, is on back up call every other week for 2 months straight, needs to be studying for an inservice exam coming up soon, but obviously has no time for it with other work demands, sickness, and needing rest! Thank you... I hope my next post involves us all well.

4 comments:

Stoots Family said...

Praying for quick recovery & rest for you guys. I must say that we've never experienced this kind of illness & after reading what you've been through, I must say that I hope that we don't have to go through the illness. Hope you guys feel better soon!

Chrissa said...

Oh Rebecca!!! Ugh - I feel so bad for you guys. There is a horrible stomach bug going around up here too. A lady I work with had it and it cycled through all 3 of her kids, and her husband. No fun!! Especially when life demands you keep on going. I will most certainly be praying for you guys!

Lissa said...

Give me a call next time! We'd love to watch Alex for you. And if you need some help while you recover, I'd be glad to.

Clay and J said...

Girl, I'm so sorry! I can't imagine being that sick with Gracie plus worrying about little baby Lee! Praying you get better soon!