I painted the letters and glued them on to create a 3D look. And please know that we used some special Amazing Goop glue to prevent any letters from falling off. Thanks Ashley for the checkerboard tip on the edges.
David's room and bedding has a safari theme and made by the same company of Alex's. She had a safari theme with animals and daisies in girly colors.
One of the main reasons I liked the animals is because I remembered how neat it was when Alex was so little and could look at the animals on her bumper pad. She would smile, coo, and talk to them. We loved watching her interact with them which was a bonus because I did not want animals for her initially, just daisies. As you can see, David's bumper pad has animals for him as well.
My nursing nook. We are still undecided about leaving the painting above the love seat. It looks so small on that wall so we might put the wall hanging (see below) on that wall instead.
This is our make shift changing table and dresser. It was a hand me down to Chris' brother in law and then he gave it to Chris when he was in high school. We detached the hutch/book shelf and Chris attached a mirror to it this weekend. Thanks Craig! I bet you had no idea this desk would eventually become a needed versatile furniture piece in a baby's room.
The wall hanging that we may put over the love seat instead of the painting. Any suggestions...painting or wall hanging?
9 comments:
The room looks great! I LOVE your painting & can't believe that it was your first one! Can't wait to see pics of little David! You're almost there!
Nice job on the painting! It looks great!!
i think the wall hanging would look good since it is such a big space. everything looks great!
It looks so good! Your canvas turned out too cute--love it! I think the wall hanging would look nice and substantial, but everything is super cute the way you have it! Love the name, too. Can't wait to meet you, little David!
I love the canvas you did. Very trendy! I really like the painting currently above the chair, but I agree that the wall hanging might better fit the space -- however, I'd only put up the wall hanging if you have another place to put the painting, because I like the painting better.
I think you did a fabulous job! You are very creative and very good at making things look nice.
As for the wall hanging, I like it over the picture bc when David is a few months old, he will enjoy seeing and even touching it when he is being burped.
xo
I like the painting I think. I would try double framing it though to make it more substantial. Just get a much bigger brown frame to place around it and let the wall color be seen as a "mat". We did this in our new room and liked it alot. Just take the pic to Hobby Lobby (don't forget that 40% off coupon!!) and play with different sizes until you like the look of one! Just a suggestion! Love the room and can't wait for the new Lee addition!! Love, Raegan
I love the baby room. It is so cute. I think the wall hanging would be great there. It all looks good though. GREAT job on the painting. It is all so precious. Can't wait to see him!
it all looks great! you did a fabulous job! i think the canvas turned out perfect! i like the painting behind the love seat, but the wall hanging would definitely cover more space. i think it would look great either way.
Post a Comment