We parked our strollers along with many others in the grassy area near the back of the amphitheater for the kids to have room and us picnic. We had a good time, but were a bit far from the stage. For Alex's first concert, I think she would have enjoyed the "concert" part more if she could have seen Kris Allen on stage.
Jessica and her kiddos: Taryn, Andrew, and Seth
Alex clapping to the music
Becky, Laura, Elizabeth, Iris and me. Becky was hosting a girls' night at her house, but moved it to Conway when Kris Allen made it to the top 3 which brought him home for a parade and concert. It was a last minute escape for me to get to go to Conway, (thankfully Chad let Chris off early to help - Thanks Chad!!!), but I was so thankful to get to go as we had a great time! Enjoying my "freedom" before nursing starts up again with lil David. :)
Kris and his wife in the Conway parade
Concert in downtown Conway. We were a good distance from the stage and only saw a portion of the screen, but we still had fun. Great atmosphere! and surprisingly, the concert was opened in prayer as Kris Allen is grounded in his faith.
We ended our girls' night at Cheers for dinner. What a great night! I have not done anything like this in a while. I felt like we were in college! For more pics, go to The How or Townsend Family link on the side which is where I got some of my pics from. Thanks, girls! :)
Finally, if you are not an American Idol fan, please just watch and vote for Kris Allen the next 2 weeks. :)
2 comments:
How fun! I hate that I had to miss it. You got some good pics. Kris' wife sure does have good hair! Alex looks precious in those sunglasses. I especially love your new pic at the top!
Looks like fun. Kris is my pic to win!!
k
Post a Comment