Thursday, July 30, 2009

Smiling, Boxing, Talking, Singing, Dancing

One of David's many smiles.
He went for his 2mo check up this week. His stats are:
11.2 lbs (50%tile)
23 3/4 inches long (75%tile).
He is already scooting all over his bed. We find him turned 90-180 degrees often in his bed. He even goes forward. Slow down David!

"Leave me alone, Alex, or you'll get a right jab."

David loves to coo and smile. So precious! However, he does not smile on cue as you will see.

Alex loves to sing! She constantly asks for us to "sing another song." She catches on very quickly and remembers random songs that I forget she even hears. As you can see, David loves to watch her.

We visited a dance class this week to see how Alex would do and if she liked it. The instructor was great to let me sit in a normally "no parents" class and let Alex participate. She even let her borrow some tap shoes which Alex LOVED! Alex had fun and wants to go back so we are thinking about signing her up for the 2-3 year old class in the Fall that does tap, ballet and tumbling. I enjoyed watching the class as I took dancing for 10 years in which I started at 2 years old as well. Alex and I have practiced some steps since we got home. :)

Feel free to LOL as I do every time I watch these! The class had a recital in 3 days so they were practicing dances that they were going to perform. Alex did well jumping in for her first time while they had about a month to practice. Even though Alex didn't know the class rules and didn't follow instructions great, the teacher thought she did well because she tried the dances and didn't just stand there like many her age. Staying on that pink dot on the floor was tough for Alex.

1 comment:

robin said...

Love the videos....too cute!