Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Doctor Daddy and Words of a 2 yr Old

I always intend to blog about things that Alex says for her to see one day, but never do. So, here is a glimpse tonight...

Alex cried while going down for her nap the past two days. She said her ear hurt. When I asked what happened the first day, she said she thought she bumped it on her rocking chair. So, I kissed it and it was "cured." The next day she cried again saying her ear hurt, but with painful tears. This time, I gave her motrin as she seemed sincere and told her we would let Daddy look at it after naptime. She finally went down. Well, we did go visit Dr. Daddy at work after naptime.

On our way there, one conversation was:
Alex: I'm going to the doctor.
Mommy: You sure are because we are going to see Daddy and he is a doctor.
Alex: I want to be a doctor like Daddy. My eyes hurt. Daddy can kiss them.

After Daddy looked in her ears with an otoscope, Alex said, "they're all better." ha! Daddy did find an ear infection in one ear...her first ear infection. :( (thankful to have an ENT in the fam!)On our way back from getting her prescription filled in the next building over, she scratched her booty and said, "My booty hurts. Daddy needs to check it, too." LOL!!!

Since this post has an anatomical flare, I'll add another conversation from about six months ago.
Scenario: Daddy was scratching his arm and Alex was staring at him.
Daddy: My arm itches. Alex, do you ever have an itch?
Alex: After obviously thinking about the question... "Yea, my butt itched one time." LOL!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Clay and J said...

Oh, sweet, funny Alex! Yes, it is good to have a dr in the family, especially for moments like those! Hope she gets better soon.

robin said...

That is so cute and funny. It is hilarious listening to kids sometimes and what they will say.

Gina Ferrara said...

post more of these...or just call me! hilarious.

Melissa Dixon said...

Too much!! Just last night Delia was running around naked before bathtime, fell and hurt her booty. She backed it up to DaDa and said pitifully, "Kiss it." I laughed until I cried.