Wednesday, June 9, 2010

David's 1st Birthday Monkey Style

Happy 1st Birthday
Little Monkey, Sweetie Pie, Sugar Plum, Sweet Pea, Love Bucket, Love Bug, Lil Man, etc!!!

I can't believe David turned one on May 26! Time is flying by. I love the stages of our children right now (David 1 and Alex 2.5) and love them close together. David's first few months were rough, but it has become so much fun and so much easier.

At one, David
* says mama, da da, nana for banana, hey, all done, mo for more, dog, sisa (only once), nack for snack, buh for ball, and tons of other rambles (grandmother claims she heard him say "i wanna see that" not sure about that one :)
* has 10 teeth!!!!!!!!
* can walk, but won't do it full time yet. has taken up to 15-20 steps.
* officially weaned today...hopefully :)
* will get measurement stats next week



As you can see, David loves monkeys. So, he had a monkey themed first birthday party. It was so much fun planning and preparing and it turned out so cute!



My 3rd homemade cake :)



My first attempt at face cupcakes
These were so much more fun to make than the monkey cake. I found these cute faces in my Hello Cupcake book. The recipe called for purple chocolate covered sunflower seeds for the nose. Well, I thought hard and looked around for a substitute as I was going to have to order the seeds. I could not find anything that shape so I ordered the seeds online. I only needed about 40-50, but had to buy a whole pound of them. They ended up tasting so good that we served them at the party and snacked on them for days.



Simple decor using bananas and David's monkeys.







David loves balloons especially these which had Curious George's face on them.



David's blank look as people sang "Happy Birthday" to him





Blowing out candle on 1st birthday cake



Sweet friends Elizabeth and Stacie



Wendy and Stacie's lil Caleb



Some Moms N More friends celebrate with us



The studdly men: Graeme, Chris, Jason and Patrick (don't know where Clay was)



Samantha, Big Sis Alex and Reagan



Birthday dinner afterwards: pizza and a monkey's fav - bananas!

2 comments:

Iris said...

happy first birthday, lil monkey! what a fun time! sorry we couldn't make it. your cake and cupcakes looked so cute!

Layla and Jason said...

it was great party! i can't believe how fast they grow! and 10 teeth now! wow, david, you're such a big boy!!