Sunday, January 16, 2011

Surprise Christmas Gift

Big Sister and "Big" Brother


Yes, we found out Christmas Day we were pregnant with Baby Lee #3. We should not have been surprised as we were not preventing, but also not exactly trying. However, I had taken 3 pregnancy tests from the Dollar Tree that showed negative. Christmas morning (really late at this point), I took my last Dollar Tree test. It showed a very faint pink line which left me confused. So, on our way to lunch at my mom's, we stopped at Walgreen's to get a REAL test. It showed a bright pink line immediately. So, hence the 4 negative/unreliable tests, I was shocked. I surprised Chris by wrapping the stick in a gift bag for him to open later that day with a note "Test #5 worked. Merry Christmas!"

I go for my first doctor appointment in about a week, but I think I'm currently about 8.5 weeks along and due ~ August 24, 2011. I feel good, just a bit more tired and very hungry. Having major cravings for olives, pickles, avocados, spicy food, salsa, etc.... I even craved fried food last week - crazy as I hardly ever eat fried stuff. Ironically, I have been craving jalepeno chedder poppers which I had only had like maybe 3 times in my life until this pregnancy. I've learned that Kroger sells them 15 to a box and they were on sale last week so I stocked up with 3 boxes. One is already gone! Oh yeah, and within a week of finding out I was pregnant, my clothes just didn't fit the same. I guess my body is adjusting much quicker this 3rd time around. My selection of clothes right now is slim and I refuse to pull out maternity clothes right now!!! ;)

Moral of the story #1: Don't trust a test from the Dollar Tree.
#2: Celebrate with us the new life that God has blessed us with! We are so thankful!!!
We are moving from man to man to zone defense :)))

5 comments:

robin said...

Will be praying for ya'll. Congratulations again! Can't wait to meet the next one :)

Iris said...

congratulations, lee family! i saw your blog entry title and thought you might be pregnant! wow - three kids! we'll be praying!

Raegan said...

Congrats to you all! We are officially moving to Zone on Wednesday...we'll let you know how it goes! HA!HA! Raegan

Wilson said...

Congratulations! Will be praying that you have a healthy nine months! August 24th is my birthday, so that's a great due date. Of course, your third will probably come sooner.

Clay and J said...

Time for some olive cheese bread! Congrats again, wish we could see you! You'll have to post baby bump pics as you get one. :)
Congrats, congrats, congrats to the Lee family!