Friday, February 29, 2008

More Baby Food Making...

Here are some of the veggies and fruit I am processing. I did the acorn squash and butternut squash today. And no, I had never bought either of them before or knew what they were until today. However, they tasted yummy after I baked and pureed them. I am using a baby food book (Mommy Made and Daddy Too: Home Cooking for a Healthy Baby and Toddler) to help guide me and it had recipes for those in it.

The ice tray idea was in some books and highly recommended by my friend Gina. After the food freezes, I bagged them in freezer ziplocs to be used when needed. Each cube = about 1 oz so it is easy to measure how much to feed Alex. I enjoyed making the squashes. However, I will probably not tackle the butternut squash again. It was difficult to peel as it took way too long and made a big mess. The acorn squash was so good that I may incorporate it into mine and Chris' menu. :)

1 comment:

The Fintons said...

Impressive!!! That is so awesome that you are making your own baby food! What a great and healthy idea!