Friday, October 10, 2008

Car Wreck

Alex and I were in a car wreck on Tuesday evening. A lady hit us as she tried to cross traffic to turn left. She said she didn't see us. The lady is ok. Alex seems ok. I have a little burn, bruises and soreness, but ok. Baby in utero was protected according to my doc, but will still watch. It was traumatic for us, but we have much to be thankful for: Alex's new car seat was rear facing which allowed her to miss the small flying glass pieces from windshield, everyone walked away "ok," lady had insurance, lady had good demeanor and claimed fault immediately and didn't fight it with cop, Chris was able to get off of call to come, Ramsey Family came to help (Reagan was a huge encouragement and comfort to Alex and Jason and Layla helped us tons!!! Thanks doesn't even express our gratitude to them.), witnesses able to call 911 quickly, insurance companies working well with us, could have been worse, etc... We can totally see God's work in this amidst the chaos!

However, our car is totalled. The lady's insurance is accepting responsibility as she was ticketed and at fault. They are replacing the car seat and my phone (now it's pink :) which was damaged. We should get a quote today on the total loss of the car. The amount will most likely be car value, not replacement value. We will most likely have to put money with the settlement. :( We were definitely not planning to get another car until Chris was done with residency...then the minivan. :) However, don't think we can do that now. So please pray for us to find another affordable car soon as we have limited time with the rental car and we will be out of town this weekend so cannot look for one.

This has been a bit chaotic with tons of phone calls, doc appts, and lots of inconveniences. We can take the inconveniences as we are just so thankful to be ok. Funny Side Note: Besides the multiple phone conversations with insurance companies, at least 4 chiropractic and therapy clinics have called trying to get my business. One lady tried to play everything up by saying stuff like, "OMG, you must be really hurt." LOL! I finally asked one lady how she got my phone number...that darn police report. All these people get the police report every morning and contact people. Plus, we received 7 letters yesterday alone from law firms trying to get business. Crazy!!! These people are like ambulance chasers!
On a serious note, please pray for us as we have lots to do and limited time. Trying not to get stressed especially as I am extra tired right now because of pregnancy and loss of sleep since accident.

I recently experienced God's ultimate blessing in a time that didn't make sense and was full of inconvenience and pain. So, I trust His soveriengty in this car wreck and know He will provide and help us take care of all that is lingering. Please pray for continued peace amidst the chaos and inconveniences. Thank you. Praising Him for His protection!

Yes, this is Alex eating KFC on the sidewalk in the cold air with her legs covered with a shopping cart cover (all I had in the car to keep her warm). The policeman would not let her go inside to eat with the Ramseys so they brought her food outside (one of the many things the Ramseys did to help). She was starving! I guess KFC could use this for their advertising as the mashed taters/gravy, green beans and chicken was "finger lickin' good" to Alex. Later on, Alex told Chris, "I 'ont more bock bock," which translates, "I want more chicken." This was her first sentence. ha!
After Alex ate, the cop finally said she could sit in the car as it was getting cold and she was not dressed for night time. Reagan and Alex had so much fun playing together. This is a much better presentation of Alex than right after the crash (lots of tears from her and me).

4 comments:

Wilson said...

So glad y'all are okay! How scary!

Jen said...

Glad you guys are ok. Praise God for His protection! It still had to be traumatic - especially with the little one(s) involved.

Stoots Family said...

Sorry to hear about the accident. Praise God for that you all are okay and for great friends (especially when you live away from immediate family!). We'll be keeping you guys in our prayers.

The Fintons said...

Hey Girl! First of all, let me say a BIG congrats on the new baby! I just read your comment on my blog and i was like, "is she pregers?" Yeah for yall! So exciting!!! I am so sorry about your wreck. What a scary, scary experience. I am so thankful you had Alex rear facing! I left Tess rear facing for ever it seemed. Thank God everyone is okay! All of the pics of Alex are so cute, I can't believe how grown-up she looking. Great to hear from you!