Monday, October 20, 2008

I think it's for real...

Well, the shock of discovering I was preggo (long story for those who ask) a few weeks ago was followed by some anxiety if the baby was still there after the car accident. Since I haven't had many pregnancy symptoms, I doubted. So, I took another pregnancy test last week. It was positive, too. Yet, no real symptoms. I didn't have sickness with my first pregnancy either, but had tender breasts (can't notice right now as still breastfeeding) and increased flatulance (returned again, but was contributing it to certain foods -ha). My appetite has increased and energy down a bit, but I attributed that to me still breastfeeding in the morning, exercising consistently, doing housework, running errands, staying up occassionally, chasing and picking up a 21 pounder all day, etc. Believe me, I am not complaining that I don't have symptoms and am so thankful for my sick-free pregnancies!!!...just concern from the car wreck made me wonder.

Well today, I officially think I am pregnant as I craved green olives! I grabbed a jar at Kroger while out. ha! So, when I go for my first appt next week, I will not be looking for a heartbeat, but for how many. :) I would not have thought that more than one kiddo was inside except my sister-in-law just planted that thought in my mind by saying it runs in their family and twins haven't been seen for some time.

Thank you Lord for the little punkin(s) you have created inside me!

To clear your minds: I am not hoping for twins after having one, but we'll take what the Lord gives us.

3 comments:

Stoots Family said...

I wanted twins myself! Kevin's mom is a twin so I was "secretly" hoping for twins!!!

Chrissa said...

I have ALWAYS wanted twins! (crazy, I know) But if I had them, it would be a miracle as they do not run in my or Jeff's family.

Thanks for you encouraging comment on my blog. I need to keep perspective. It's hard, but it's encouraging to hear from others who have been there too.

Gina Ferrara said...

how was your dr appt? excited to hear! how many weeks are you? are you showing? :)