Thursday, January 1, 2009

Potty Time

Clapping after Alex's 2nd "poo poo on the potty"

Disclaimer: If you can't handle toddler potty talk, don't keep reading.

Alex is so good to tell us "poo poo" right before she goes. So, I thought about seeing what she'd do if we started putting her on the potty right after she told us that. Well, she went for the first time on the potty yesterday and her second "poo poo" today! We made a big deal after each with lots of praise and clapping. She was very excited which makes me think she wants to keep doing it. Also, I think she likes sitting on the potty. She told Chris once before today but he didn't respond quick enough, so she went in her diaper. ha! We talked about starting to potty train this early which is why I bought the little seat, but I was hesitant. I am now motivated to keep working at it. I never thought we would start with #2, but it seems easier right now. However, I have no idea what to do when in public and she says "poo poo" as she would fall through most of those toilets. I know she is not fully ready as she still has a full diaper each morning. So, we will move slowly. What a joy it would be if she is potty trained before baby #2 comes!!!

***Christmas pics will be coming soon. I have so many that it will take forever to upload....maybe by the weekend.

3 comments:

Clay and J said...

I'm so proud of you Alex! You're such a big girl! We hope to potty train early too....we'll see!
:)
P.S.--When you have some extra time (ha, ha) I'd love to see your spinach artichoke casserole on Adventure Creations! :) Yummy!

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

the recipe is already there. go to the "Tags" in the right column and click on sidedishes. i think i put it there in November.

Stoots Family said...

What a BIG girl so early!!!