After watching Julie and Julia tonight, I was inspired to blog. I have a million things I'd love to post, but I'll keep it short I hope as it is late.
Life is good. I almost forgot how good life was when I was deep in the trenches of a newborn and an unadjusted toddler. Yes, I am still in the trenches of raising kiddos and think I will be for a long time as each new age is a new learning process in parenting. However, the trench does not feel so deep right now and I am thankful for that. Alex has adjusted fully to David now, loving him dearly, playing with him, missing him, helping him, making him laugh, singing to him, etc. Her interrupted sleep from his birth has been resolved finally- thank you Lord! Life just got much easier and more fun between David's 5th and 6th month mostly because of Alex's adjustment. or maybe my adjustment...My perspective is changing. I have had to adjust my approach with the kiddos as well which has helped Alex I'm sure. I am striving to be more patient, loving, kind, wise, gracious, teachable, helpful, the list goes on and on. As my attitude changes with God's help, I notice Alex's changing, too. I know she sensed my stress and frazzlement (is that a word? if not, it is now :) for several months. Alex is so full of life and I know my stress hindered her. God, along with my special Moms and More bible study group, helped me see that and make changes. I can truly say that I love watching her very active, independent self learn and grow. Tonight, she wanted to learn how to put my earrings on and take them off. I taught her, showed her and then let her try. She did it the first time! Such a learner! As for David, he is such a sweet, laid back, easy going baby whose smile, kisses, hugs, laughs, death grips, wiggles, jumps, big blue observation eyes, etc make you want to melt.
Life is good and I never want to forget the blessings God has given me in my precious husband, Chris, and our children. I am so thankful for the little (and big) things in life.
2 comments:
Love reading all the blogs from you and the others-related to lessons you all have learned since having children. I feel very privileged to have the opportunity to learn from you all and hopefully one day we will be able to apply what we have learned from you and the others. :) Thanks for sharing. BTW, Mike was offered the position today but church still has to vote so not quite official yet. The church has a house that we are going to move into...very thankful, but not looking forward to moving...AGAIN!
Sweet post! I also loved reading all of your Alex stories/bloopers. Yes, I did color my hair....ended up a lot darker than I wanted but live and learn. haha!
Post a Comment