Monday, April 30, 2007

It's a GIRL!!!







Despite the majority of our predictions, Baby Rock appears to be Baby Rockette. We were so shocked as we had convinced ourselves it was a boy for some reason...probably to go against the grain because all recent babies born at our local church have been girls. We must have drank the same water as them. Chris and I are so excited and can think in pink now. :)

We may have a gymnast on our hands. Baby Rockette was standing on her head during most of the visit. Pic one shows her on her head with her leg in the air. Pic 2 shows her laying with her arm across her face. The tech could not get a good face profile because of the way she was turned, but the last picture is the best we saw.

My doctor was pleased with my weight gain in which he thinks I need to gain more even though many of you say I’m “showing so much.”

Even though I brought back some awful bug from Guatemala in March and was sick for 10 days with it, my doctor called Baby Rockette a “perfect parasite” as she appears to have no abnormalities according to this ultrasound. He said a baby can withstand much more than us in the protected uterus. I will have a fetal echocardiogram in ~ 6 weeks to look at the heart closer as I had a brother who died with a heart defect at ~ 3 weeks old.

What a joy to see "her!" Time to think more serious about names, colors, bedding, all that fun stuff! :)

Thank you, Lord!!!

9 comments:

Patrick said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!! More little girls.(I knew) :-) I guess if we want a boy we will have to quit going to MSBC

gina said...

Congratulations, Chris and Rebecca! Sable is going to be delighted to have Baby Rockette as a friend :)

Y'all are going to love having a girl, they are so special and wonderful.

Congrats!

xoxo,
gina, philip and sable

Holloway Family said...

Congratulations! Yall will be wonderful parents. I hope that your pregnancy continues to be a good one.

Aunt Venture said...

HOw exciting! good to know you are helping out the girl to guy ratio in the thornell family.
jay - 2 boys
jill - 1 and 1
meredith - 1 gal
billy - 1 gal
robin - 1 gal
rebecca - uno mas senorita!
yeah! Have fun with the name game!
-Valerie Martone

Layla and Jason said...

YEA! Although I thought she was a boy, I am thrilled that she is a girl. Reagan and Caroline will have another little girlfriend! We're so excited for you!

Aaron said...

You can always name the girl Erin! I am happy for you! yes, Rebecca, you need to gain weight. The baby gymnist needs strong bones and muscles to stand on her head!

-aaron

Stoots Family said...

Congrats. Hope that the pregnancy continues to go well!

Loustalot said...

So happy for yall! Can't wait to meet her when we return. Will be anxiously awaiting her name! love and miss yall, kim

The Cross Family said...

what a blessing baby girl rockette will be to your family. we are so excited for yall