Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Anna Cate Update

Good News: At 9 days old, Anna Cate was extubated today and taken off the ventilator because she was breathing so well on her own. She is gaining weight again (up to 1 lb 14 oz) after dropping to 1 lb 9 oz on Sunday. The nurse said that she cried today and had her eyes wide open. We look forward to meeting her in a few days. Keep praying!

5 comments:

Clay and J said...

I'm so glad! We look forward to more updates and we will keep praying.

Stoots Family said...

Thanks for the update. I'm so glad to hear that she's gaining weight & is breathing on her own. Sending lots of prayers for her & the family.

The Hallums said...

That's great! We're still praying. I know you are anxious to see her and the rest of the family.

Layla and Jason said...

Wow! That really is amazing. I'll continue praying for her and her parents. I hope your trip is wonderful.

Beajoy said...

That is great news! I can't believe she's off the ventilator! That's wonderful!!!! Keep us updated.