Chris' sister, Cathy, went into labor this past weekend at 26 weeks. Anna Catherine (Anna Cate) was born August 10 at 1:32 am and measured in at 1 lb, 13 oz and 13.25" long. Anna Cate is doing surprisingly well as a 26 week premie. To see how tiny she is, notice her daddy's wedding band dangling on her arm as a bracelet in the pic. She is on a ventilator, but breathing mostly on her own. Her color and heart is good. She is already gaining weight. Mom is doing well, too, after a long intense labor. Needless to say, Cathy is a trooper as she was in severe discomfort through the whole process.
Despite about three more months in the NICU, Anna Cate has tons of fans cheering her on and loving her already!!! Please keep Anna Cate and family in your prayers as a long road is ahead.
4 comments:
Oh my word, what a tiny little baby! I'm so glad to hear that the prognosis sounds good! What an amazing testimony to God's goodness and timing in all situations. Please keep us updated as we will be praying for little Anna Cate!
What a beautiful baby girl! Please pass on our prayers and encouragement to Cathy and her family!
Walking with you yesterday was great. I've been praying for Anna Cate and family!! Keep me updated.
I forget who it was, but someone told me that Cathy had her baby. I will be praying for her and her parents. I'm sure you guys are looking forward to meeting her and encouraging mom and dad! k
Post a Comment