Monday, September 15, 2008

1st Birthday Party and More...

Alex's 1st birthday party was so much fun! Alex enjoyed all the people, cupcake, and festivities. She was not overwhelmed at all as she loves people and activity.

This was my first cake to ever homemake the icing and decorate (besides the trial cake I did the weekend before). I thoroughly enjoyed making the icing, cake and cupcakes.

My Aunt Martha made her version of an edible arrangement. So cute!
Alex loves balloons
"Alex" blowing out candle

Alex enjoying her cupcake. She was actually quite neat while eating it.
Alex licked the icing off of the plate when she finished her cupcake.

This was her first time to have cake and icing so she was loving it!!!

Aunt Robin and cousin Amber
Aunt Martha, Mom, and Robin came to town to help prepare for the party and celebrate with us. They did much more than expected in helping, clean, set up, etc. Thank you so much!!!
Jasmine feeding 7.5 mo old Nirvan. He can already walk a few steps!!!
Opening presents
After Alex finished opening her presents, I told her to say thank you. She waved and blew everyone a kiss. So sweet!


Alex enjoying pizza with Wendy
Above is Alex going to Reagan's 1st birthday party when she was 3 weeks old. Below shows them together at Alex's 1st birthday party. My, how they have grown!





Kiddos (who hadn't left yet) at party

Of course, Alex is kissing Gracie.



Alex wearing her birthday dress to church

(Thanks for the dress, Mimi.)


Playing with New Toys







Below Pics are from family visit

Cuz Amber had her own "cell" which Alex loved to play with so Amber gave her one of hers. The phone is actually small like adult phones. She is very happy now as she is not allowed to play w/our cells.
Pool time with cuz Amber
Sweet Kisses
Eating brekky together
Fun Times! Grandmother dancing with Alex and Amber

10 comments:

Loustalot said...

So much fun! Love all the photos. Did Mimi get that birthday dress at Giggles?? Too cute! Love that you had so much fun to celebrate Alex's life. I LOVE birthday's, always have! It's NOT just another day :)k

The Hows said...

happy belated birthday, alex! i'm so sorry i couldn't make it to your birthday bash - my mommy and daddy made me stay home because of the weather. i have a gift for you so we'll have to get togther for a play date soon! love, kekoa

Clay and J said...

great pics! my favorite is definitely when she's licking ther plate :) we had such a good time!

Stoots Family said...

What a party! The cupcakes & cake looked yummy...I can only imagine how they tasted!

Townsend said...

looks like we missed a roarin' good time :)
jacob would have missed out regardless...his papi and mimi were going to watch him and were sad we didnt leave so they could! stupid weather :(

Townsend said...

ps GREAT job on the cake and cupcakes!! and of course i will give you the pan dulce recipe if you like :)

Chrissa said...

Rebecca!! You did an amazing job on that cake!!!! It looks so professional! I love it! Great job. And I love all the pics. Can't believe Alex is 1 year old!! Ya'll can't either I'm sure. She's such a cute little girl :-)

robin said...

Love the pics! Alex seems like she did have a lot of fun at the party. You did a great job on the cake, icing and cupcakes! I may have to try making Amber's cake!

Beajoy said...

I'm going to have to take some cake lessons from you. Very impressive! The party was great! Once my kiddos get better and we get back from Chicago we'll have to go to the "park" again!

Gina Ferrara said...

Thank you so much for praying for me!!!!!!! I am feeling much, much better...which is why I'm checking your blog finally...LOVE all of the pics, especially the bday cake you made, wow that is really great! Everyone looks great and the pics are utterly adorable.