Thursday, October 1, 2009

4 Month Old David

This 4 month old post is a week late as I wanted to include his 4 mo stats and his appointment was rescheduled for today. The results... our nickname "little man" fits him appropriately. He weighed 13lbs 12 oz (25th%) and was 25 inches long (50th%). The doctor is not concerned at all as he is growing appropriately on the growth chart. Alex was about a pound bigger at 4mos and a half inch shorter! I think David is taking after me a bit in size right now as I was a small baby weighing only 12lbs 4oz at 4mos. However, Chris is convinced he will grow and train him to bulk up. ha!


And oh how times have changed... The doctor gave his speech about introducing solids to David between 4 and 6 months old starting with cereal, then vegetables, then fruit. Well, my mom wrote in my baby book the following:
"Rebecca started eating cereal at 2.5 wks old. She started eating fruit and drinking juice at 5 weeks. Rebecca started eating vegetables at 2 months. She started eating meats at 4 months old. She also started eating 3 meals a day at 4 months old."


Crazy, huh? I can't even imagine feeding a 1-2 month old with a spoon. And btw, I was crawling at 4 months old and sitting up pretty good by myself according to another entry from my mom. I guess all that solid food early made me strong. ha!


Alex had her 2 yr old check up today as well. She weighed 26.5 lbs (50th%) and was 34.5 inches long (70th%). According to our scales, Alex has lost almost a pound this week from being sick. :(


Both kiddos did great at the doctor even with the shots. My special friend, Wendy, went with me to help with the kiddos. She totally relieved any stress I had about scheduling both of their appts/shots in one slot. Thank you so much, Wendy! You are awesome!


David enjoying his animals on the bumper pad. :)
Alex at 3 months old looking at animals in bed. Notice how much more hair Alex has than David!!! If I find access to a scanner, I will post a baby pic of me as I had more hair than Alex.

David's favorite activity right now is chewing his fingers, burp clothes, etc...

Alex chewing her fingers at 4 mos old


David can barely touch the bottom with his feet. Now, he has a book under his feet to help more. Alex was only a half inch shorter than David at 4mos and we used to put a pillow under her feet.

Alex at 4mos old in exersaucer

Alex at 2yrs old wanting to get in exersaucer as soon as I pulled it out for David. Now, it is dubbed "for babies only."

Enjoying a beautiful day at the zoo last week with friends.

Fam pic at Caroline's 3rd bday party

Often times, I kiss and tickle on David while changing his diaper or clothes; he laughs so cute. :) So, I attempted to video this with one arm out - ha! So, sorry for the unsteady video, but his laugh was captured. :)


Helping Daddy pack for San Diego. We'll miss you!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Iris said...

i like the picture of david on the couch. such a cutie!

Clay and J said...

I cannot believe how big he is getting. Time flies! It's fun to see the pics of David and Alex at around the same ages. As much as the look alike, they also have some differences! Definitely bro and sis though! Sweet and cute!

robin said...

Rebecca, he is so precious. Him and Alex favor and then they don't in some pics. They are both too sweet!

Mike and Brooke said...

What a sweet laugh. :)