First Setback
Luke had his first setback last night. He had an apnea and brady last night. This is most likely due to being taken off caffeine 4 days ago. Also, he went to all breastfeeding and bottles yesterday, but didn't eat as well through the night. Lost a little weight, too :( Pray he gets endurance and strength to breast and bottle feed all 8 feeds/day and doesn't have anymore apnea spells (where he forgets to breathe).
I increased breastfeeding him 3 times a day today. He did well so I am going to try 4 times tomorrow. Praying he takes more from the bottles that he will get tonight.
I'm at the hospital a lot more as I am increasing the number of times I breastfeed. I miss Alex and David terribly while there, yet I cry when leaving Luke. It is a catch 22 and it stinks. I miss whoever I am not with. I just keep telling myself that this is a temporary phase in our life. Alex and David have done much better this week, but I hate being away from them this much. Whew.... Praying the Lord sustains us all.
No comments:
Post a Comment