The coming home story...
Luke had a great Wednesday night in which he ate good, gained weight, and regulated his temp well. Therefore, he got to go home Thursday! We made it home about 1:30pm. I skipped going for his 9am feed that morning to work on the house a bit more and run some last errands before Luke was to come home. When we got to the hospital, they were waiting on us to discharge! We were shocked as we were expecting to have to wait a while to be discharged. It was awesome!
Alex and David adjusted well and enjoyed Luke (and Mommy) home yesterday. Luke definitely knew he was in a new place and preferred being held or placed in light where all the action was. I think the noisy, bright NICU left it's mark on him. Hopefully, we can train him to like sleeping in the dark. Today, Alex and David had a few meltdowns (1 each before 7:30am!). I think we have some adjusting to do!!!
We are all so thankful to be together under one roof. I felt total relief yesterday afternoon when I looked around and saw everyone at home and realized that I did not have to go to the hospital anymore to visit Luke. Whew! I think the last 4.5 weeks have been a blur. Luke is supposed to be in my belly for another 4-5 weeks. ha! The Lord knew he would exit the womb early. Now, He is helping us learn life with a preemie, a toddler and a preschooler.
Leaving the hospital WITH Luke :)
Little man's first ride in the carseat
mmm...is this a foreshadow of their future relationship?
Much better :) Alex couldn't wait to hold Luke. Within a minute of being inside, Alex asked to hold him.
Daddy teaching Alex to hold Luke's head... only under close supervision (and clean hands) do the kids hold Luke.
Daddy and Luke
Our sweet little man...
Alex and David opening gifts "from Luke"
Luke napping with his gifts from Alex (a teddy bear) and David (a stuffed football rattle)
David was so sweet peeking in at Luke.
Me and my precious babies
I am so thankful and blessed to be a mom! What a huge responsibility!
Am I really old enough to have kids? Ha!


No comments:
Post a Comment