Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Luke is in an Open Crib!

Luke reached 4 pounds yesterday and 4 lbs 1.5 oz today! He was put in an open crib today. If he maintains his temperature (b/w 97-99) and continues to gain weight, he can go home Thursday. I'm excited, but not getting my hopes up. I want Luke home, but am praying that God will allow it when it is safe for Luke. I don't want to rush things.


Luke started out in the open crib where his incubator was. The picture doesn't show, but he looked so much smaller in the open crib.


Luke made it into a second outfit today after he spit up on the first. He also had 3 poos in 1 hour. I think he's functioning just normal.


So sweet...



Because the NICU was almost to capacity with babies, Luke got moved to a private room. It is awesome! It is quieter, much more private, and there are no bright lights blaring in his eyes. So thankful!


Luke still has a window view in his new room :)

Thank you to all for continuing to pray. Only through God's strength have we endured the last 4.5 weeks. He has sustained us all even though Alex is so ready for our family to be "normal" again. She lets me know that with wimpers, whines and/or tears every day :(  Unfortunately, she has started having tee tee accidents again, too. I think the stress is affecting her in many many ways. Hoping her stress goes down when Luke comes home. Pray that we can all get more sleep/rest. We are all sleep deprived for various reasons.
Thank you!
 

No comments: