Luke is continuing to progress great. He is gaining weight in which he recently passed his birth weight of 3lb 2oz to 3lb 3oz. His tube feeds have been increased to 12cc per every 3 hours now. We were warned that Luke could have apneas (stop breathing while sleeping), bradys (heart rate droppings), not tolerate feeds as well as other setbacks. However, we are so thankful that he has had no setbacks thus far.
Tonight, we took some books to the hospital to read to Luke and use to decorate his area. He was so attentive to our voices. It was precious. Even though Luke is so small, he didn't look as tiny to me tonight. Maybe I am used to seeing him little or maybe I could see his growth. I still crave to hold his cute self and hope to this week. The latest update on when that will be for me is when he is 1500 grams. He was 1429 today so hopefully he'll reach 1500 this week.
Today, Luke's nurse said he was being bad because he kept pulling his leads off. He was so smart. I watched him. A lead cord would brush against his foot and he would get the cord between his toes and pull it until the lead came off. ha! If he only knew that mama wants those cords off of him, too!
Thank you again for all your prayers! Please keep praying for Luke to grow strong and gain weight. I think he will have a head ultrasound done tomorrow to see if he has any brain bleeds which is routinely done on preemies on their 10th day of life. Thank you for praying for me as well. I have felt so much better physically and emotionally yesterday and today. I don't think I even cried yesterday and today :) I really feel a ton better! Alex and David are still crying/fussing more often, but I think they are doing better overall the longer we are home.
Tonight, we took some books to the hospital to read to Luke and use to decorate his area. He was so attentive to our voices. It was precious. Even though Luke is so small, he didn't look as tiny to me tonight. Maybe I am used to seeing him little or maybe I could see his growth. I still crave to hold his cute self and hope to this week. The latest update on when that will be for me is when he is 1500 grams. He was 1429 today so hopefully he'll reach 1500 this week.
Today, Luke's nurse said he was being bad because he kept pulling his leads off. He was so smart. I watched him. A lead cord would brush against his foot and he would get the cord between his toes and pull it until the lead came off. ha! If he only knew that mama wants those cords off of him, too!
Thank you again for all your prayers! Please keep praying for Luke to grow strong and gain weight. I think he will have a head ultrasound done tomorrow to see if he has any brain bleeds which is routinely done on preemies on their 10th day of life. Thank you for praying for me as well. I have felt so much better physically and emotionally yesterday and today. I don't think I even cried yesterday and today :) I really feel a ton better! Alex and David are still crying/fussing more often, but I think they are doing better overall the longer we are home.
Luke was very attentive as we read to him tonight :)
Daddy reading to lil man
Mommy reading to lil man
Ever seen a preemie with a mullet???
Luke's poor feet are so dry and his heel is so bruised from all the pricking for blood.
Tonight, I asked if we could put lotion on his feet and his nurse said no :(
Daddy loving on our lil man...so sweet!
Bro and Sis sharing a homemade smoothie pop




No comments:
Post a Comment