What a surprise! When I went to visit Luke today, I looked in his notebook of his stats that his nurse updates daily. I noticed his new weight was 1529 grams (~3lb 6oz) which was up 100 grams from yesterday. I had not seen a gain that big yet so I questioned the nurse if that was correct. I was getting excited as I knew they wanted him at 1500 g before I could hold him. The nurse confirmed it was correct. So, I immediately asked if I could hold him as tears welled up in my eyes. The nurse was so sweet about it and made sure his temperature was good before letting me hold him. After we took pics, he was covered with 2 blankets and I got to hold him for about 15 minutes! I could have held him all day. He was so cuddly and of course, light as a feather. This made my day as I did not expect that today. So thankful for this special time with Luke!
Chris nor I got to hold him tonight as a new IV was started in his head after his hand IV started to infiltrate his hand :( The IV looks terrible on his head, but may only be there one night. If he tolerates the clear fluids only through it with no extra IV nutrition, he will have the IV taken out completely. That would mean he would be on breastmilk only for nutrition at this point which is great progress. Praying he does well so he can lose the IV totally.
The nurse put this sweet sign on his incubator.



3 comments:
Wow, Rebecca! I didn't know about Luke's birth until tonight. We moved to Colorado and just set up Internet, so I'm a bit behind on blog reading. I'm glad to hear that you are adjusting, and I'll pray that all your children will improve as they get used to the situation.
rebecca! we are praying for you and for sweet little luke! he is just precious and such a miracle! i'm so glad that you are doing ok--take care of yourself! we're on our knees for yall!
He is so tiny and precious. Will continue to pray for y'all. Love your profile picture. Glad to be so close to y'all now. :)
Post a Comment