Luke looking at me...so special!
Luke receiving 6cc feed of breastmilk.
Big Sis Alex being a big helper and transporting pumped milk to the freezer :)
She is very interested in mama being a moo cow - ha!
Thank you so much for your prayers. Our family feels them for sure. I did get to come home on Wednesday. All tests run on me came back normal so the doctors are definitely thinking I had eclampsia out of the blue.
Luke is doing well overall in the NICU. His nasal CPAP was removed yesterday which made us so happy as it looked so uncomfortable and he fussed a lot with it. He receives minimal oxygen help with a nasal cannula right now. I am pumping milk for him every 3 hours during the day and every 4 hrs at night. He is tolerating his tube feeds of breast milk well. As hard as it is to see Luke in the incubator, I love visiting him, talking to him, touching him, etc. I long to hold him and hopefully will get to this weekend. Only parents and grandparents are allowed in to see him so we do a live feed with our iphones for the kids to see and talk to him. It is so sweet. I think Luke knows their voice, too, as he squirms when they talk to him. We are bringing him a small ipod/speaker today to hear music...thanks to Kim and James Davis!
Being home has been an adjustment as the kids have gone from pure sweetness to crazy meltdowns all in one minute. They have felt the chaos of the week and obviously need routine, security restored and normalcy again. I think we are going to have a hard several months with everyone's adjustment. The kids are mostly cooperating with mommy only holding them while I am sitting, but it is still hard for us all for me to have limitations with them. For the first time, I broke and cried with Alex last night...we both balled. I have been very emotional and Alex is just too smart to hide it from her. Thankfully, my visit with Luke last night at the hospital was so sweet and peaceful that it ended my day well. Luke opened his eyes at me over and over while visiting him. It was so special as I think he knew it was mommy :) (see above pic)
We are still in awe of how God is taking care of us through everything. Not only did we know several of the medical staff from the ER to the floor in the hospital that brought us comfort, but we were so comforted to know that a special family friend would be the NICU physician in charge of little Luke last night as well as many more days to come. Also, thank you to all who have signed up to bring us meals. I cried when I saw that email and sign up list. It is such a huge help as basically we have needed help with the kids and me (I can't drive or be alone for 3 weeks). Our moms are helping with the kids and me the first 2 weeks. Lots of planning and right timing come into play juggling Alex and David's mommy needs as well as me being away to visit Luke at the hospital. Many of you have offered to help as well. Know we will be taking you up on it :) As hard as it is to ask for help, we will need it.
Thanks again for all your prayers. It means the world to us as we know God hears. None of this surprised Him. He is in control and we trust in His sovereignty. May He receive all the glory for any report we have. He gives life and takes away. I know God would have taken care of my hubby and babies, but I'm so thankful God has allowed me more time on earth to care for them.
Love Always,
~rebecca~
1 comment:
Wow, Rebecca! I am so glad you and Baby Luke are ok! I didn't know you blogged! Gonna add you guys to the roll! Even though this isn't exactly what you had planned, remember to enjoy every new experience! God truly was looking out for you all! {{hugs}}
Rachel Cameron Potter
Post a Comment